Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Wednesday, December 07, 2005

    Silence Is Golden

    My alarm (which plays the theme from Zelda, I'm so cool) awoke me at quarter to eight for the usual time. Slumberarily, I awoke:-

    "Yawn! Fuck! It hurts to yawn! Fuck! It hurts to talk!"

    The world breathed a sigh of relief, as I was destined to partake in an impromptu unsponsored silence. Nevertheless, the folks at the call centre would probably not pay me for sitting there in silence, so I took a day off. "Brilliant!" I thought (as I couldn't speak) "A day off!".

    My, how wrong I was.

    Anybody knows me knows that I'm a loud bastard. No, not with tender moments in the bedroom (I'm usually quietly greatful), just generally. It drove my old boss and my brother insane, the fact I'm loud. If you can't sing good, sing loud. That's me. With the absence of a chalkboard, I was struggling through lunch by clicking my fingers or sending text messages to people sat at the opposite side of the table to me (two of my housemates are half deaf, so any form of whispering was impossible).

    The worst thing though was the post office, which was just painful. If you listen intently, you could just hear me. However, with thick bomb proof glass, I was struggling.

    The other thing that bothered me was "How did I manage as a student?". I sat around the house doing nothing. I hope I'm not turning into my dad who has to do something for every working minute, but after watching a rubbish game show called Sudo-q, I sat around doing nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. In the end, I got a bit bored and went out, but I honestly thought like I was throwing my life away. I shudder to think how I coped being a student.