Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Wednesday, February 08, 2006

    I'm Thinkin That I'm Lazy

    Although two of my regular readers would probably refuse to read me again with this statement, but nearly all my shopping is done in supermarkets. I just think that it's easy, and conveinient.

    Although, recently, I think it's too easy.

    Recently, I've been on a bit of a health kick, and trying to vary my basic "chicken and chips" diet with...errr...."chicken and potatoes". To be honest, it's not that I'm morbidly obese or want to look good in a bikini in the summer, it's largely due to the fact that my housemates were getting sick of my constant flatulence. So much so that farting - which was a badge of honour in the house - had become unbearable. A few lifestyle changes (such as brown bread and Fruit and Fibre) have curtailed the problem and Guy has taken over the title he's held for the past 3 years as "The Smelliest Arse in the house". He's also a Chelsea fan.

    Anyway, I digress. One of the factors for the new "Make Rhys smell less diet" is "varied diet". So, out the window goes the "ham salad" sarnies for work 5 times a week and the staple sandwich of the Manchester United fan: Prawn Sadwiches. It was kind of a whim thing, as I saw the following product on sale in Asda.*

    I'm not having a go at Asda, as I presume it's not the only chain guilty of this. But seriously, £1.08 for prawn mayo spread? I wouldn't mind, but I have made a grand total of 3 sandwiches from it! You could buy a tub of mayonaise for about £1, a bag of frozen prawns for about £2 and it would make tons of prawn mayo! I think I'll do that from now on.

    I think society as a whole is pretty damn lazy, I've never understood buying those pre-washed vegetables from supermarkets, and (although I usually buy pasta and curry sauces) also I rarely buy ready meals. I'm amazed that people I work with think that because I walk to work every day (about 45 minutes) is like scaling mount everest. I dunno, it just strikes me as odd.

    That being said, it is pretty damn tasty prawn mayo.

    In other news, I've been thinking a lot about what I can give up for lent. Anybody who knows me have any ideas? If anybody says "give up giving up", I will hunt you down and give you a chinese burn.

    * Yes I am aware that the picture's 90 degrees off. I forgot to rotate it before uploading it. So no smart alec comments please.

    Technorati Tags: ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator