Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Thursday, March 02, 2006

    40 Days and 40 Nights

    So, what are you attempting to give up for Lent?

    Myself, it's a simple one: Gambling.

    I'll be honest, I'm probably being too much of a sissy about it, I really don't gamble too much (at most usually £3-£5 on a night out), but money I kind of wished I have. I'm not as bad as some people (including people I know) who spend a fortune chase the elusive dream of becoming a professional gambler (which is slightly different from a professional poker player, which I believe is a game of skill), and end up skint. However, the real reason I'm giving up gambling is not for monetary reasons.

    Oh no, it's actually for social reasons.

    Take three to four weeks ago. A Friday night out. We went to Mood (a £3 in establishment) and.....immediately headed for the fruit machines. We stayed, and stayed, and stayed, and stayed until every fruit machine in the club (of which - over 3 floors - there are around 6 or 7) had paid back at the very least a big win (£10 or so). This continued for an hour, at which point, said mates left to play more fruit machines, leaving myself, housemate Guy, housemate Tom and Will in Mood. None of us were playing the fruit machines, just watching, and we didn't fancy walking around Liverpool staring at flashy lights. Instead, we stayed, had a quality night. Guy pulled his current girlfriend, Will - who was going through a torrid time with his housemates - found that we consider him as a friend, and Tom and myself had fun too just being silly buggers.

    It's certainly was the best night out since the beginning of 2006, and probably the best nights out when I've been single since the beginning of last year, and I want more nights out like that. Therefore - for 40 days and 40 nights - I hope to spend as much time as far away as possible from gambling.

    Wish me luck.

    In other news: Guy is givng up shaving for lent. How funny's that? It's worth mentioning that I can grow more stubble in an hour than he can in a week. Bumfluff pictures are guarenteed on Easter Sunday!

    Technorati Tags:, , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator