Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Sunday, October 08, 2006

    Colwyn Bay vs. Osset Albion, Wales vs. Slovakia, Euro 2008

    I made a decision to forsake the Wales game for the Colwyn Bay, we haven't been playing well recently, and was expecting another defeat. I heard good news on the gate: apparently, the league had sent extra staff to watch over the referees, or something. Either way it's a good thing, as dodgy officiating have plagued are last two games.

    We pressed forward, and - although Osset scored a goal, it was ruled offside. Lewis Callaghan who has been inspirational and a hell of a worker scored after 20 minutes to make it 1-0 with an excellent chip over the keeper. It remained scrappy football with us firmly in control for the middle third of the game. Darren Wright missed a few good chances, as he was on a scoring drought only beaten by Andriy Shevchenko. However, his hard work paid off as he was released down the right side of the box, firing past the keeper - to the delight of the Bay faithful and to himself. Then followed a period of dominance, with the occassional Osset chance. Steve Hussey came off the subs bench to kill tge game off towards the end. Final score Colwyn Bay 3, Osset Albion 0.

    So many positives can be taken from the game. The fact we didn't conceed, the fact we won convincingly, nobody had a bad game. The next game is against Chorley, who are 2nd from bottom with 3 points so far this season (compared to our 20). The other major positive is that my shirt is not bad luck! Only if I wear my scarf with my shirt is it bad luck. If I wear my shirt sans scarf, or scarf sans shirt, then it is good luck. But overall, a lot of positives, and not many negatives.

    Which is more than can be said for Wales, losing 5-1 against Slovakia, at home. I haven't seen the game, and I don't really want to, but from what I've heard there are hundreds of areas that need to improve on before Cyprus. Euro 2008 is all but over for us now, I can't see us coming back. Slovakia was a must win game, we fancied our chances, we got massacred.

    Right, proper un football related post soon, I promise.

    Oh, and everybody go over to eruanna.net and wish Han a happy birthday! 19 years old today! I put her present up on the forum, so you can go there too to see it!

    Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator