Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Wednesday, November 29, 2006

    Firefox to Paypal: You Fraud!

    Forgive me for being a big dirty fanboy, but Firefox is amazing, no doubt about it. I had my brother come upto me and say that the Script Kiddies in his class thought IE7 was better "because it has tabs". I promptly disowned him.

    However, it does have it's moments.

    Cue the anti phishing device. A email from e-bay perked my interest, I clicked on the link (paypalchristmas.co.uk), and the Firefox anti-phishing device kicked in.

    Oooh, nice of Firefox to protect me, but there's one problem - the site is legit.

    I've fired off an e-mail to paypal, enquiring about it, and I don't blame Firefox - after all, it's better to be safe than sorry. But it has amused me greatly. How does Firefox decide what is phishing and what isn't? Is it user based? There's a button underneath the "Ignore this Warning" which has the words "this site isn't phishing", is there a way of saying that a site is phishing? If there is, what's there to stop 100's of Firefox fanboys going to, say, Amazon and saying that it is a phishing site?

    Now that - whilst bad for Amazon - would be rather impressive.*

    * I cannot be held responsible should Amazon go out of business overnight....

    EDIT: Just got this e-mail from Paypal, just to be sure.

    Dear Rhys Wynne,

    Thank you for contacting PayPal in relation to a Christmas Promotion that we have in place at the moment.

    I can confirm Mr. Wynne, that this is an official PayPal email and web address.

    [Promotional Blurb Here]

    Sincerely,
    Laura
    Resolution Services Department
    PayPal, an eBay Company

    So there you go!

    Technorati Tags:, , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator