Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Wednesday, September 07, 2005

    Hello, how you doing today?

    Afternoon everybody, just a bit of an update what's happening in my life at the moment.

    The truth is not much. After being let down on Monday, I'm just sending off applications. Did have an interview with a well known sandwich shop that went well, but not holding up too much hope just yet. Either way, I've started emailing more applications off, as - whilst I'm not hugely desperate yet - I'd like to be working. Contacts are e-mailing contacts so that I can find work. I'd love to believe it's not what you know, it's who you know, but the fact of 3 or 4 families (including my own) working in the Zoo kind of disproves that.

    I've been finding ways to entertain myself though (no, not that way Sarah), and I am in danger of becoming a Welsh Dave Gorman: although I'd appreciate the fame and fortune that came from his madcap adventures, I don't fancy the ridicule and other detriments that come from it (including being very poor at the end, and looking like Roger the Veg Man). Nevertheless, with a disussion with my housemate - which started on what our new housemate's MSN name escalated into sending random people random text messages.

    The premise is simple. I change one number of my phone number to each of the other digits (in this case, my number is 8), send them a text message saying "Hello, how you doing today?" and wait for a reply. Below is a table that charts my success, assuming that the texts were sent at 1:30pm (which they kinda were, it was just as neighbours were starting):

    NameRecieved Message?Time of recieved messageComments?
    541No--
    542No--
    543No--
    544No--
    545No--
    546No--
    547No--
    549No--
    540No--

    Please understand that this is purely for scientific research. Well, no it's not, I'm just bored. Nevertheless, I need to regain my love for humanity. Hopefully someone can answer my call.

    Or at least a text.