Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Monday, December 12, 2005

    Burnin' Down The House

    One of the perrenial links on my sidebar is GorillaMask.net. I found it's intelligent discussion and topical debate mentally stimulating.....only kidding, I go there as it has pictures of ladies with very little on and funny stuff which appeal to my boyish humour (hypocritical? Oh yes...). The owner loves family guy, loves silly humour, and has the disinct honour of being the only American to be able to out-drink yours truly. I swear, if he'd move to the UK, learn the intricacies of football and denounce every American 'sport' (with the exception of basketball, and maybe ice hockey), then it would be the best site ever.

    One of the links today was that rarity of things: a meme that is actually intresting. Drawahouse.com bills itself nicely: it's a website which you draw a house on, and can tell your personality from it. Or so it says. Nevertheless, I was impressed "Oooh!", I thought "Graphic Recognition software has improved leaps and bounds recently!". For a good few minutes, I spent constructing this wonder of modern architecture....

    The next screen was so dissappointing though. Instead of analysing my brush strokes and complex algorithms, they instead asked me questions relating to Chez Rhys (what I called it). "Does it use straight or wavy lines?". There was no option "well, they should be straight, but because it's easier to play the piano with your knees than it is to draw with the mouse, they're curvy", so I plumped for yes. After 10 questions that made the whole drawing process redundant, I got the usual sugar coated blurb from meme's:-

    " You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

    You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You have a strong personality and you like to command, influence and control people.

    You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself."

    I wasn't expecting an in-depth look into my pysche, I admit. I don't know what I was expecting from my readout, but - by god - I was expecting the computer to look at my house and tell me things relating to it. Even if it could recognise a flower I'd be impressed, but oh no. It's dissappointing, like finding out that there's no santa claus, or recieving a text only to find out it's from O2.

    I suppose I expect too much from computers. I believe they will take over the world, and - as much as Alyson hates it - are capable of anything. I refuse to accept their limitations, which probably meant I clicked on that link slightly dewey eyed.

    It's an interesting destraction, nonetheless.