Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Tuesday, May 16, 2006

    You Can't Please Everybody

    "Be careful..." Mum warned me on Thursday, "you have changed your life so much in the last 3 weeks. When you go back to Liverpool, you look at what you've thrown away. Your life, your friends, your job. You can't go back.".

    "I know mum. I'm not sure I want to."

    I know it sounds a bit harsh, and Mum didn't exactly mean that I've thrown my friends away. I'm sure they're glad that I'm working in an awesome job, and they'll still be there. I had a pretty amazing weekend, but I know one thing.

    I did the right thing.

    This weekend I drunk double what I have done in the rest of the 3 weeks combined. At most, I drunk 6 pints in the last 3 weeks, so it wasn't too hardened drinking (trust me, compared to my main university days, it was nothing). Nevertheless, I struggled, more so on the Friday than the Saturday (figures, I drank less then). I've lost all my tolerance to alcohol

    But the hardest thing was being out of the loop for 3 weeks. I am just one man, and a hell of a lot has happened in 3 weeks in my life. I have been almost completely out of touch with everybody else in Liverpool, and whilst it was nice catching up, I felt so out of sync with everybody else.

    I had a bit of a realisation though: when I was in Liverpool, it was easy keeping upto speed with everybody, but now that I'm back home, I feel I'll lose touch with people who were, at one time, very very close friends. I think I need to accept that, and understand that.

    Right, I'm off into the Big Brother house for a few weeks, so I won't be online for a while. However, check back on Friday, whereby I've lined up somebody to take over the duties of blogging on this blog for my duration. Wish me luck!

    Technorati Tags:,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator