Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    Recycling, Councillors and Conwy

    Today marks the first delivary day in which we are forced to recycle. Well, we're not forced, it's just that our binmen only come once every two weeks. Every other week instead of a bin lorry we get a recycling lorry which (I think) is electric, and the binmen sort it into cans, paper and bottles.

    I think it is a very good idea, and on my walk to work this morning, there were tons of metal, bottles and paper waiting to be recycled, I never realised we lived on a street with so many alcoholics! Sure, we're not going to save the world, but it's a quick and efficient and easy way to do our bit. My mum has transformed from a Daily Moan reading Conservative into a recycling mad enviromentalist conservative. She has really got into it, and we were discussing this a few weeks ago, and Mum came up with an idea.

    "Why can't we have a few recycling bins up here? I mean. We have to go to either Rhos on Sea, Abergele or Mochdre to recycle our stuff. Surely if instead of getting in our gas guzzling cars, we could drop off a few bags a week when we walk our dogs, for example. There's a carpark outside the community centre that is never been full. Surely a few recycling bins, emptied every so often wouldn't go a miss, surely?"

    What a brilliant idea.

    My mum - being that sort of person to get on with things - wanted to pen a letter to the local council, but she didn't know who our councillor was. So she made a phone call to the council to find out.

    Nobody there knew either.

    I've been searching through the Conwy site and I'm just as confused. Nothing really says (I mean, I haven't looked really hard) that "Colwyn Heights people can write to this person to get recycling bins here".

    I'm actually feeling quite passionate about this, and want to do something to the community - my mum's lost a bit of interest. I'll keep searching to see if there are any clues, but if anybody else wants to assist me, that would be brilliant.

    EDIT: Haha, I'm so crap. 10 minutes after writing this, I found it. They have e-mail too. I'm going to write to them!