A Welsh web designer from Colwyn Bay. Life dream is to get an article about him on Wikipedia Read More

mailto.gif





Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to 

Google
Subscribe in NewsGator 

Online

Blogroll Me!

The Gospel According To Rhys - Chronologically Inept 

Since 2060

Darthiau Feidr
Back And Forth
Too Hot To Handle?
Coming of Age....Again
Rhys Wynne BSc
Meme-A-Rama
The Trouble It's Crea8ed: Part 2
Time To Blog
Everything Changes But You
Taking The Sith

rhyswynne.co.uk Toplist
BlogAdvance Top BlogsBlogElites.com

Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Saturday, June 25, 2005

    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me.

    Apologies for the lack of updates, I've been busy with a few side projects and such like. I'd love to say I have been working, but I haven't. In fact, the last two days I have been off, mainly to celebrate my mate's move to the US for the summer. It's all very scary.

    Anyway, me and a few of my mates went to see Batman Begins in Cineworld in Llandudno (I'm only saying it on the off chance I get free tickets). To be honest, I wasn't holding much hope for it. I went to see it largely half-arsedly (I was very happy sitting playing Wave Race on my N64, thank you very much), for something to do. I had seen the last two - which were awful - and I wasn't expecting much. Couple that with the fact it was 2 and ahalf hours long, and it was a gorgeous midsummer's night, I honestly thought that I will not like it. Nay, hate it.

    My, how wrong I was.

    The film is bloody brilliant! I neglected two facts. Firstly, the director is not the same as the last two. So, instead of the cartoony style of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, you get the darker stylings of the origional and the first sequel. The second fact is that Christian Bale is brilliant as Batman. Christopher Nolan did a brilliant piece of casting, and - whilst I don't like him in the same way Ally does (who goes on to prove in her post the direct correlation between Welshmen and attractiveness), I still think he's brilliant. I'm kissing arse a bit here, but I can honestly say of all the fims I have seen Christian Bale in, every single one of them has been brilliant.

    The film is a lot moodier and less campy than the last two with the armour sixpack. There is a bad guy who - unlike Dr. Freeze in the last one - you actually hate for all the right reasons. The film opens up a hell of a lot of channels at the beginning and closes them all up at the end. There's twists, there's emotion, there's balls up action, there's a shit hot car chase. This film could be the best film of the summer. Yes, even better than Star Wars III. At no time did I feel like I wanted to leave the cinema (a rarity for me), and was only once not engrossed in it. Probably one of the best films I've ever seen.