Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Tuesday, July 12, 2005

    Bonnie Scotland

    Ocheye the noo!

    Yes, I'm still in Edinburgh, in an Internet Cafe, and having a pretty good time. More will follow, including some pictures, but here's what has happened this week.

    • Edinburgh has the highest pub per square mile ratio of anywhere in the UK. Fact. After experiencing a few nights out in such bars, I'm inclined to agree. Scotland (but especially Edinburgh) has a more lax view on life than anywhere in England, which is definitely a good thing.
    • You get two types of Scottish people. The first type is your stereotypical Scotsman: ginger hair, pale skin and a firery temper. Nobody knows why they fly off the handle so often, but I'd be pissed off if I was a ginner. These are in abundance in Scotland. The second type is the more secluded type. These you see on the nights out and having a generally good time. These people rule.
    • I haven't pulled in Scotland, but that doesn't really suprise me. A lot of Scottish men have the chisseled, well defined, Mel Gibson esque features that most women drool over. This automatically put me at a disadvantage. As a double disadvantage most of the Scottish women have the chisseled, well defined, Mel Gibson esque features that most women drool over.
    • There are a load of Irish birds here, and they have been known to find me attractive, especially on Saturday night, when a couple of them came over and spoke to me (more of this on the big update). However, I found out that my brother is useless at pulling......
    • ....Though, I'm not much better
    • Scotland at the moment is hot. Very hot. As such, the Sun have ran a photoshoot a few days ago, more on that tomorrow too :).
    • Haggis (the traditional scottish dish), is gorgeous. Very filling however I didn't eat the skin, it was all mushed up.
    • Edinburgh isn't hit as bad as some cities with global companies, and there are a lot of shops that aren't huge shops (ie. Topshop, HMV, Waterstones). One shop that does dominate is Subway, and the Smoked Scottish Salmon Six-Inch Sub - whilst being difficult to say - is gorgeous. But besides Subway, I've only seen two Starbucks, and only one of that famous Scottish restaurant - McDonalds.

    Right, that's your lot for today, I will be heading back to Liverpool tomorrow, whilst making a stop to see S in Preston. I'll probably upload some of the better photos from my cameraphone tomorrow, with proper pictures to return on Sunday.