A Welsh web designer from Colwyn Bay. Life dream is to get an article about him on Wikipedia Read More

mailto.gif





Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to 

Google
Subscribe in NewsGator 

Online

Blogroll Me!

The Gospel According To Rhys - Chronologically Inept 

Since 2060

Burnin' Down The House
Firefox? Unfucked!
Firefox? Fucked....
Silence Is Golden
Sex Sells
Bye Bye My Apple Pie
Friday Quiz!
Not drinking doesn't make you live longer, it only...
Death of the Demo
Spending A Penny.....

rhyswynne.co.uk Toplist
BlogAdvance Top BlogsBlogElites.com

Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Tuesday, December 13, 2005

    Somewhere To Call Home

    Do you ever give money directly to the homeless?

    From a young age I was told not to. The "homeless" in Colwyn Bay when I was little were actually beggers, often with a roof over their head. I did give 10p to one once, and he followed me down the street asking me for more money. Personally, and this is quite harsh, but I just don't know what my 10p was used for. However recently, on the way to work, I saw about 3 or 4 people in front of me give to this homeless guy in the street. I don't know why I thought this was peculular, just I was taught not to give to the homeless.

    If I was feeling in a good mood, I would generally subscribe to Sarah's theory of giving to the homeless. She generally bought a soup or a bacon butty for them. She said that - in general - they're extremely happy to recieve that. I could see Alyson subscribing to that theory, but - knowing what a kind hearted soul she is - she'd probably welcome them with open arms, piggy back them back home, bathe them, cook them a full meal and send them back onto the street with a hat, scarf and a bag of tasty treats.

    I mean, I always try and treat people with a general bit of respect. If people are homeless and ask for change, I do smile and apologise. There was an incident in the first year where a homeless guy came upto us on the street and asked for change. Instead of giving it to them, one of the students in front of me (generally the kind which I don't get on with, who only got into university because daddy paid for him) threw money at the poor fellow and laughed in his face. I just couldn't do that to anybody, it just doesn't seem right.

    Sometime in the future, I'd probably give to some homeless charities, as I believe that, given a little bit of a push in the right direction, those who are homeless could make a success of their life. Not that they will be the next Bill Gates or anything, but they could easily get a roof over their head. I don't at the moment, as I'm not horrendously well off myself (don't flame me with the "well, these people have nothing" arguement) and - in my opinion - charity begins at home.