A Welsh web designer from Colwyn Bay. Life dream is to get an article about him on Wikipedia Read More

mailto.gif





Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to 

Google
Subscribe in NewsGator 

Online

Blogroll Me!

The Gospel According To Rhys - Chronologically Inept 

Since 2060

Seal or No Seal?
One Foot In The Bay
A Rhys is Blogging at the Speed of Sound
I Made It
Paradroidia
Good Friday!
Best Laid Plans Of Mice and Men
Your Head A Splode
Ye of Little Faith
Lies, Lies, All Lies!

rhyswynne.co.uk Toplist
BlogAdvance Top BlogsBlogElites.com

Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Friday, April 21, 2006

    Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?

    "Oh fuck", I though, waking up yesterday morning. My heart was racing. It was hard to explain. I was out the night before, but this is bad. Real Bad. I woke up Mike, a nurse at the local hospital, and the only person who I trust with medical problems. It was half 6.

    "Here", I said, "Feel this." I placed his hand on my chest.

    "Fuck, that's not normal." Mike said, with his expert diagnosis. "Go and see a doctor.". He said.

    I tried getting some sleep, but it wasn't happening. About 20 minutes later, Mike knocked on my door. He had a heart monitor, so I put it on, and it was all over the place. Usually between 120 and 180. I was a mess.

    "Best go this morning, take the morning off.", said Mike, and as a throwaway comment said "I think you've got Premature atrial contraction", and left me to get checked up.

    A 9am, I got checked up. I explain my heart racing and, even with that wierd phenomona, I was otherwise okay. The doctor sent me straight to the hospital, for a heart scan.

    I was admitted to A & E, a very scary place. I sat down with a nurse who explained that they'll take my blood pressure, my heartbeat and a few blood tests. Another doctor would see me after the heart scan.

    I sat down, waiting to be seen. I refused to lie down for the pure and simple reason that I felt okay. This is the most important thing of the story: except for my heart racing, I was actually okay.

    Then the heart scan came, the first of the day. Then the docotr 20 minutes later spoke to me. He asked me a few questions, then said what he thought was wrong.

    Premature atrial contraction.

    He said it was quite common, and nothing to be too concerned with. He put me on a course of intro-venal drugs, and taken to a bed in A & E. Mike came in to check on me, and I demanded a pen and paper, "as I was going to blog this", which is what you're reading now.

    Then, for 2-3 hours, nothing. Jeez, I became so restless, my heart calmed down a lot (my heart rate dropped to 90, though he said it's a little high, but that because I was in hospital). At around 3pm, a young nurse came in and said "do you want to go home?".

    "Hell yeah, I'm feeling fine."

    "Yeah, we're satisfied you've made a full recovery. We're going to call you in for a cardiogram though, in a couple of weeks, just to make 100% sure that there is nothing serious. But that's just standard procedure."

    "Okay, yeah."

    Was so nice being able to walk out of hospital. I did not like being in there at all. Even for 6 hours. I shared a room with one person who'd smoked all his life, and one person who needed dialysis. As far as a health scare goes, it was quite a mild one, but a scare nonetheless. I'm trying to turn the corner and get more exercise, as I couldn't bear doing nothing for 6 hours. I felt so useless.

    But now, short term. I've taken today off to get better, and going home for the weekend for a quiet weekend with my mum and family. Just need looking after for a few days, as this has drained a lot of my confidence.

    Though, before any of you get scared, I am feeling fine this morning. I did wake up at half 6 this morning too, but that was because I had 10 hours sleep.