Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Saturday, August 05, 2006

    Glamorgan vs. Worcestershire Day 3 - Liverpool Victoria County Cricket Review

    So, after two days and selling a grand total of one ticket (to forementioned navy guy), I finally managed to get my arse down to Colwyn Bay cricket club to watch some of Glamorgan vs. Worcestershire. I was on my own, so took up seat in the stands first of all. I missed the start of play, and Worcestershire were in bat at 23-0. Before I settled down, I took a few shots, to test the camera. This was the best.

    cricket1

    I then slowly moved around the ground, chasing somebody with what I thought was "Cocker" on his back. I took more pictures.

    cricket2

    I finally caught up with Mr. Cocker, but I was to be disappointed.

    cricket3

    Boo!

    It was a fairly uneventful morning session, with Glamorgan not taking any wickets, but Worcestershire not really imposing themselves on the game. At lunch they were hovering around the 80-0 mark (I can't really remember). So I headed onto the pitch, which is quite an wierd thing to do in my opinion. Nevertheless, young and old went out onto the pitch to play a few games of cricket in the lunch interval.. Coming from football - where if you go on the pitch you are shot - it was a plesant suprise.

    cricket4

    I was feeling peckish too, so I went to one of the trucks. This truck was for welsh lamb - which is tender and juicy and just fabulous. I had a welsh lamb burger - as far removed from the McDonalds processed garbage as you can get. It would of been an orgy in my mouth if they left it be. But no, they had to put mayonnaise on it....

    cricket5

    Luckily, my pudding of a scone was a lot tastier.

    cricket6

    After lunch, for about an hour and a half or so, it got exciting. Phil Jacques was Worcestershire's opening batsman, and a player considered to be in the running for an Ashes call up. For a couple of overs he became a batsman possessed, knocking sixes left, right and centre. One of which smashed a window (third pane from the left).

    cricket7

    Then there were 3 outs in fairly quick succession, two catches and a brilliant run out. Then as the 4th wicket seemed to settle in, it was back to slow run scoring before tea. I decided to call it a day, but before I did, I headed over to the Sky Sports News cameras. Boy you could get some fairly impressive shots there.

    cricket8

    I also managed to get my ticket stub signed by two players on the way out! One is Ryan Watkins.....the other I have no idea, could be anybody.

    cricket9

    For more detailed report on the match play, visit the BBC's website. Tomorrow I go back again. But this time I have Ian, and I have alcohol. Should be an awesome days play, with Glamorgan run chasing. Though the weather for tomorrow: light drizzle.

    Technorati Tags:, , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator