Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Friday, October 20, 2006

    Just A Day: October 17th 2006 - One Day In History

    This blog was originally written for the One Day In History Project. As such, it's a little more patronising than my usual self, as I explain things that regular readers would be very familiar with. I apologise profusely, but I don't want the people of the future thinking I'm a sloppy writer, do I?

    I awoke on Tuesday 17th October by the binmen, regular bin men this week, not the recyclable lot from a week ago. Beginning to wish we recyled every week, as the quiet recycling truck just stealthy drives along, as opposed to the flashing yellow light behemoth that is the bin lorry. Then I heard scratchings on my bedroom door, it was bonnie, my dog, wanting to wish me a good morning.

    If only she knew what we were doing to her today.

    Today, we were taking her in to be spayed, a simple operation that will leave her wombless. However, it does mean that she's groggy for the next few days - a sight I cannot bear.

    An hour after waking, I got up, to go to my day job as a web designer. I'll be honest, it a was fairly uneventful day, and most of what we do we can't really speak about - history museum piece or not, I'm not losing my job. The big joy comes at 7:45pm in the evening, when I take myself off to the football. So, 5pm rolled around, and I headed home, where I was greeted by my impotent dog, groggy, with a lampshade over her neck, which stops her from chewing at the stitches, after a quick tea of sweet & sour chicken with rice, I put on my football shirt, and went to Llanelian Road.

    Llanelian Road is the home ground of Colwyn Bay FC, my local football team. This game was promising to be something: three wins on the bounce, two groups of supporters with brand new flags, and the prospect of facing lowly Warrington Town meant that surely, we could make it four wins out of four?

    We lost 2-0.

    Dejected, I had a pint in the club house after the game. "Don't put this performance in your blog" they said, "don't want Colwyn Bay going down in history as a team that produces shocking performances on the pitch, because we're so much better than that.". I apologised, saying my blog is warts and all, and - it's what the museum would have wanted.

    At 10pm I went home, and saw my dog again - she still had the lampshade and stitches, but she was a lot more awake, scoffing chicken. "So, my October 17th kinda sucked, but at least my dog is getting better", I thouhgt as I drifted off to sleep.

    Technorati Tags:, , , , , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator