A Welsh web designer from Colwyn Bay. Life dream is to get an article about him on Wikipedia Read More

mailto.gif





Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to 

Google
Subscribe in NewsGator 

Online

Blogroll Me!

The Gospel According To Rhys - Chronologically Inept 

Since 2060

Averagely Fantastic
Orgy Borgy
Change of Plan
You're an Emotional Wreck, you don't know who you ...
Can't buy Meme Love*
Question of the fortnight
Bonnie Wynne
Back Home
Bonnie Scotland
The Graduate

rhyswynne.co.uk Toplist
BlogAdvance Top BlogsBlogElites.com

Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Sunday, July 31, 2005

    Flushed

    Poker World. That will be one phrase that sums up yesterday. The fact that I was in work (which letters appear in the phrase "Poker World"....and is also worth 11 points in Scrabble) meant that no huge bender of a night out was possible. Instead, I was shocked that I got a phone call from Goz asking me to play poker.

    It was the first time I've played for money, usually when I play on Pokerstars (the name rhyswynne....add me to your favourite players list, and I'll give you a game sometime), I play for fun. Sure, it means that I play the odd silly move, but I think I'm okay at the game. This was the first time I played for money.

    Anyway, it was only £2 in, making the pot £6, and, after a few hands, I ammassed a bit of a chip lead, Sibley fell - after a gutsy battle - leaving just me and Goz to fight it out.

    I went all in on an Ace King unsuited, and Goz called, putting himself all-in. He had a King, 4 suited. I was odds on favourite...

    I lost, due to the last card drawn being a 4, and he had a pair of 4's against my Ace High.

    It brought it back to near-level, with me having a slight lead. Luckily for me, Goz's agressive play meant that I called a set of 8's against his two Aces. A big hand, which he was hoping for an Ace. Nothing came up, and I took the pot, leaving him with a mere 60 chips left, and I ended up winning.

    £6, at the moment for me, is nothing to be sniffed at!

    After celebrating my victory, I headed home for the night. Switched on to Itv, and - lo and behold - more TV poker! Christ, as if we don't get enough of it on Challenge. Unfortunately, due to it being Itv, they have dumbed it down. I don't know why, but they didn't even use proper terminology. When somebody had an "Open-Ended Stright Draw" (when you have an 5,6,7,8 and a 4 or a 9 would make a straight), they said "He's got an Up-And-Down Chance of a Straight". Jeez. They called the Button "The Dealer Badge". They even had dramatic music for when somebody went "All-In". It was just a bit silly, and it did lead to my brother shout at my telly a few times.

    Finally head over to Today's 5 Things, where I've gatecrashed the 2 year birthday party!