Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Friday, September 23, 2005

    And hero on hero, who at honour's proud call, For freedom their lifeblood let fall

    Hey everybody! How are you all doing? Work so far has been relatively straightforward. Basically, we're manning the complaints line (shudder), but apparently we don't get many. Nevertheless, I can see me suffering a nervous breakdown before christmas.

    I've taken on another side project to keep life interesting (besides looking for graduate positions, finishing my game, being a sociable boyfriend and friend). I've always been ashamed that I don't know the Welsh National Anthem, despite the fact I'm as Welsh as bara brith, I kind of murmur through the anthem whenever it's played on telly: be it a football game, or whatever.

    "Oh ho!", you (probably English) people would say. "If it's anything like 'God Save The Queen', then it should be easy.". Unfortunately, it's not: -

    Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau

    Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
    Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
    Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd,
    Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.

    Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
    Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
    O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

    Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd,
    Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn i'm golwg sydd hardd;
    Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si
    Ei nentydd, afonydd, i mi.

    Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwlad tan ei droed,
    Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ag erioed.
    Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad,
    Na thelyn berseiniol fy ngwlad.

    It aint pretty, but - as I'm now known as "The Token Welshman" after just two days - I think I should know it.

    After all, to Cymru my heart shall be true.