Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Friday, December 16, 2005

    Hello, I'm William Shakespeare. I make gay merriment of the poor, the drunk and the fair maidens of this world!

    Last night I went to see my housemate perform in Taming of The Shrew in the Liverpool Academy 2 in the Guild. He played Petrucio, who (from what I could understand) was a horny alcoholic from Scotland. He had trouble learning his part, as in real life, he's actually a horny alcoholic from Nottingham.

    Firstly, may I just say I've studied Particle Physics in my time, and that was easier to understand than this. My housemate warned me by saying even the biggest Shakespearians have trouble understanding. Instead, we spent the best part of the play trying to understand it. However, it didn't help with unobvious sexual innuendos which had me giggling. Even though it was tricky to follow, it was not the most nonsensical thing heard all day. That honour falls to a drunken text message I recieved from Alyson.

    Now the good thing. They seemed to put a lot of physical comedy into it which made it funny, and you couldn't fall asleep through it. That was largely due to my mate, who has taken over my position as "The loudest member of the house", more than once, I was not paying full attention, and when he came on stage, I quite literally soiled myself. They interacted with the crowd a lot, and we were sat in one scene with my Petrucio-playing mate stood just to the left of me in the isle. Thankfully, the temptation to shout something or look up his kilt was resisted, but man it was hard.

    We went to the after show party, where dispite theatrical luvvies saying "Oh darling! You were marvellous.", we managed to get a few words in. He sneaked in a bottle of wine to the pub (told you he was an alcoholic :P). We left soon after, to play Mario Party, and to discuss the possibilites of creating Mario Party: The Musical. (How cool would that be?).

    If you are in Liverpool, and fancy something a bit cultured for a night out, go and see it tonight in Liverpool University. It's the last night tonight. Then go to the Liver, and tell him that Rhys sent you, and he was fabulous. Cheers!