A Welsh web designer from Colwyn Bay. Life dream is to get an article about him on Wikipedia Read More

mailto.gif





Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to 

Google
Subscribe in NewsGator 

Online

Blogroll Me!

The Gospel According To Rhys - Chronologically Inept 

Since 2060

Three Words: Sucks, To, Be (adding a fourth) Me
For Seven's Sake
In the Metro
Paperback Writer
Craic Addict
Birthday Post #2
Birthday Post #1
Compensation Culture
FUBARdCdUK
Reassuringly Expansive

rhyswynne.co.uk Toplist
BlogAdvance Top BlogsBlogElites.com

Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Sunday, March 26, 2006

    Mummy's Boy

    Happy Mothering Sunday everybody! Hope you all cooked your mum's breakfast or something.

    That's me and my mum, from my graduation last year. Rick found the picture for me, and I like it, so I'm keeping it. My mum does not believe in Mothers Day, saying it's a waste of money and that she thinks we love her more than one day a year. She says she's happy with an e-card, not with a CD with Spice Girls' "Mama" on it.

    See, that's typical of my mum, she has spent the last few years learning. Now that I don't need my nappies changing (the last one being my 14th birthday) she's had more time to learn about things and develop new interests. The house is littered with photos she's taken and all of them are fantastic. The garden is well looked after and she's always willing to try new things. Hell, I introduced her to Chicken Fajitas and Chinese Stir Fry, and now they're a staple part of my diet back home "because it's one of the only things we all eat". When we first go the internet, I honestly thought there'd be 3 of us fighting over it. Not so, my mum demanded time to browse and use it. Now she's a master of eBay, and reads this site regularly.

    Next week sees the 29th celebration of my mum's 21st birthday, which is quite a big event. However, in all honesty, I think she acts a lot younger than she did 10 years ago. She has an active social life with a large number of people (in fact, we used to joke that one my mum's best mates in work is younger than Sarah, and that's not offensive in the slightest to Sarah). She has friends all over the place, and I can't name anybody who could even consider her an enemy. She hasn't got a bad bone in her body, and she forever sticks to what she believes in. If I can be half the person she is, I'll be fine.

    In today's career driven world, which demands that the best years of your life are given to work, work, work, she sticks two fingers up at that. Her and dad own her own house, and has raised 3 well rounded children, all with having a part-time job for the last 22 years. They're this close to paying off the mortgague, if they haven't already.

    My mum is brilliant, and mum - if you're reading this - I love you to bits.

    Technorati Tags:, ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator