Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Thursday, November 18, 2004

    18th November, Weight 13st 11lbs. I saw.....

    "Rhys!" They screamed. "You need to get more in touch with your feminine side!". So, what better to do this than a toddle off to the pictures to see one of the most girly films out there: -

    Yep, Bridget Jones 2.

    I'll own up. I actually chose to go on my own accord. Inside my hardman exterior is a big girl. No, I'm not going under the knife or anything. I enjoyed the first one - I shed a (manly) tear at the end of it - so I actually turned down a night watching football and drinking beer to go with a few mates to see it (which, to be fair, was the right choice).

    So, does it get my two thumbs up? Meh. It was enjoyable. Kind of like the Charlie's Angels flick. You just go in and can switch your brain off (I must admit, I had a few beers sloshing around inside of me through the film) and enjoy it. Sure, it's cheesy. It's soppy. It was full of product placement. It's all the things that I hate. But......it was pretty good. I'm not going to talk too much about it, as the story wasn't too strong (nothing you haven't heard a million times before), and the fight scene was a bit weak, but it was okay. A no-brainer, and not as good as the first one (you did get the sense of seeing it all before).

    Christ, that was a difficult entry to right. Giving my opinions on a movie not aimed at my gender. Need to stick to what I'm good at. Let start right about......now: -

    To quote the Wagon Wheels advert: Oh you would.