Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Monday, August 28, 2006

    Fruit Machines, Cars, Mobile Phones and Transfer Lists

    First of all, I'd like to point out that I was successful in preventing both the fruit machine arriving and my mum finding out. The person suspected I was drunk!

    Last night I went to the Pen-Y-Bryn with a few mates of mine to have a few beers. As nice as the Pen is, there are no itboxes so you have to, horror of horrors, speak to each other. Even the odd game of Hangman (which I lost, due to the fact that somebody threw a double bluff at me and said "We're not allowed to use Colwyn Bay footballers", then proceeding to use ex-Man U and Colwyn Bay centre midfielder Craig Lawton, grr) was not enough.Anyway, couple of interesting observations made.

    First was the talk about the "pre-season" transfers (one of my mates has been in the US for the past few weeks, so missed all the gossip), and then we got talking about the Transfer List. When a player wants to leave a football club, or a player is no longer needed by a club, he's put on a transfer list. I always thought it was just an expression, but I would like to be proved wrong. Is there, in existance, a transfer list. I don't care if it's full of Oxford United players, but I would like to see it. Paper based preferable, but web based would do.

    Second point of note was something on Braniac a few weeks ago. Brainiac is an awesome science programme hosted by the best member of the Top Gear team (sorry Han), Richard Hammond, and Jon Tickle, a man who was both successful post Big Brother and not annoying. The experiment in question requires a remotely locked car, and a mobile phone. Apparently, if you were to get somebody to stand by the car with a mobile phone and call the person who has the remote locking device, they can sound it down the phone and it will work. I think a diagram is in order.

    experiment

    Apparently, it works. However, my parents can't afford remote locking, so if anybody has a car with remote locking, two mobile phones and a friend you can trust with keys, could you try it to see if it works? Cheers.

    Technorati Tags:, , , , , , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator