Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Saturday, August 26, 2006

    Llandudno Pubs, Drinking Souvenirs and Fruit Machines

    Tilesey a few days ago posted about the last time he'll be in his favourite pub in Southampton. Last night was something similar - the Navy Club in Llandudno is closing it's doors, and yesterday was it's last night. It was simple, drink the bar dry.

    It's quite sad that a place like that closes, as the people who were in there are usually the older crowd (we were easily the youngest people there), who shunned the traditional haunts of the Llandudno residents on a Friday, preferring the more quiet, serene private bar. Alas, it closed last night with a game of bingo and kareoke, though no songs were under 30 years old.

    It's quite wierd being in a place like that, for the last time. It's like "woah, this is the last time I play pool", or "I could be the last to take a wee here". Stupid stuff like that comes into my head. I felt sorry for all the people who were losing their favourite watering hole (I go in there because Jay works there, else I would easily be kicked out). Such a shame.

    Nevertheless, times changed and I manage to pick up a couple of souvenirs. First is this beauty from one of the bar taps.

    tetsmooth

    The second, well. I may not get it, and if my mum found out, I'll be killed. But the conversation went something like this.

    "Everything is included in the bar, pool tables, dartboard, taps. Only thing that isn't is the fruit machine. I dunno what to do with that. I mean, I can fit it in my van, no problem, but nowhere to put it."
    "Oh, I'll take it off your hands."

    Now, instead of watching the football, I'm going to make a few frantic phone calls to stop it being delivered.

    Woe is me.

    Technorati Tags:, , ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator