Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Tuesday, August 29, 2006

    Pride of Wales - Colwyn Bay Football Club

    Yesterday I went to the Colwyn Bay vs. Rossendale United in the Unibond League (only 7 promotions off the Premiership). I was alone, as my partner in crime Jason was at a wedding. Nevertheless, the new Colwyn Bay kit was due out, so I had to go along and buy one. I'm not usually this bad, with the only tops I have is a 3 year old Wales top and a Welsh Rugby top I got for my 21st. Nevertheless, I fancied getting a bay shirt as it's something a bit different. Jay got the away shirt too, which I picked up for him also.

    bayshirt

    It's a similar style to last year (which means that we can't be the "Claret and Blue Army" for at least another year), but we have new sponsors: Boddingtons. It's quite nice having a sponsor that most out of towners have heard of, rather than "Dave the Garage in Old Colwyn". I never really bought a shirt before because it would have a company that I'd have to explain to people "Who are they? Oh, they're the 9th biggest teacosy manufacturer in Wales!", that and being poor, of course.

    On top of that, Han duely noted that the sponsor logo was in the right pocket area of the shirt, rather than prominantly displayed in the centre, as is tradition with football shirts. Of course, Han (being Han) didn't say that, she simply said "hehe, you've got Boddingtons on your boob". At first I wasn't sold on it - prefering the traditional placement of sponsorship in the centre. But the more and more I think about it, the better I think it is.

    Onto the match, Colwyn Bay drew 1-1, we didn't play at all well in the first half but we did pick our heads up when we dropped a goal behind. Maybe towards the end of the game we could of sneaked it, alas it wasn't to be, as the referee, linesman and a pigeon being against us. Luckily it doesn't make my shirt a "bad luck" shirt, so hopefully it will have some good luck in it as we entertain Osset Tow/Albion (don't know which one, can't be bothered looking) in the FA Cup on Saturday.

    Tonight I'm off to Laser Quest, so that will be fun, wish me luck!

    Technorati Tags:, ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator