Online Shopping
Outdoor Furniture

  • Click for cheaper house insurance
  • Want Your Advertisment Here?

    View My 

Ebay Auctions!

    <#Blogging Brits?>

    The Welsh Bloggers 

Directory. Nubbit Blog Directory Top Personal Blogs Top Blog Lists Personal Blogs - Blog Flare

    Support International 

Webloggers Day! July 9th, 2004
    Supporting Icerocket.com: Every search is a direct hit.
    Member of 

the New World Whore-der in the Liverpool University Ten Pin Bowling Club.

    Colwyn Bay Football Club
    Blog Cymru


    Wednesday, September 06, 2006

    St Ebenezer Day and Looking Underage

    Happy St. Ebenezer's day for yesterday everybody! For the unaware - St. Ebenezer's day is the first day that Christmas Goods appear on sale in the UK. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas - what with the food and the drink mainly, but September 5th is a bit early. Especially when I saw this abomination in Morissons in Colwyn Bay.

    christmas

    Okay, it is a selection box, which - while quintessentially Christmas (the present you give to people you don't really like) - it's not too bad. It's when those kids adverts begin that really pisses me off. Christmas only begins when two these two conditions are met:-

  • When I first see the Coco-cola "Holidays Are Coming" advert.
  • When the BBC change it's programme links into something festive.
  • Either way, it's not Christmas now! Grrr.....even writing this part of my blog I switched on to Firebox.com to see what I can get my nearest and dearest. It's a disgrace.

    Reason number 19452 to hate Morissons as well is that yestrday I got refused........for cigarettes.

    The tobacconist said I looked 15.

    Now, before I begin, I'd like to inform you that I haven't started smoking. At the risk of restarting this blog's only flame war, I don't like the smell, and the damage it causes - even passively. However, one of my mates does smoke. He was in Morrissons carrying about 8 or 9 shopping bags, and he needed some fags. So he asked me to get some. Whilst giving him the usual "It'll make your penis smaller!" arguement I use on most blokes, he was unrepenting, and asked me to get him some. Fair enough, it was his decision.

    I got ID'ed.

    I explain the situation that - as I don't drive and I haven't been abroad - I don't have any forms of ID. I do have a Portman Group card. He said we don't accept it. I then said "they're for a mate of mine", which probably wasn't the best thing to say, as the guy gave me funny looks. Bless him, he looked foreign.

    I returned humbly to my mate, who found it hilarious, saying it gave him a high "better than any nicotene could".

    Somehow, the fact he stopped smoking for a little bit, because of my humiliation, makes it all worthwhile.

    Technorati Tags:, ,
    Generated By Technorati Tag Generator